Purpose-built in 2009, our large and spacious classrooms are light, airy and a great place for children to learn.
The classrooms are bright and welcoming. Interactive whiteboards, break-out spaces and a project room support and enhance opportunities for whole class, small group or individual learning.
Ensuring a happy, healthy environment in which our children enjoy learning is central to our ethos.
Our school buildings also shield a magical green space containing a woodland and a pond, hedgerows and secret pathways; it’s a peaceful space in which to learn, or explore and a haven for wildlife.
Our school gardens, tended by children, produce vegetables and herbs, soft fruits and flowers.
Our children value the importance of sustaining our environment and recognise their responsibility for protecting it for future generations.
The school site is the location for an outreach service managed by Hammersmith & Fulham Adult Learning & Skills Service.
The School Day
In this section we will take you through a typical school day from Early Club to Extended Day. It’s here that you’ll find information on key times for key activities and about the day-to-day arrangements for school.
An Early Club (previously known as the Breakfast Club) is available for those children whose parents have to be at work early. The club is available from 8.00am to 8.50am every weekday morning during term time.
Each session costs £1.50 per child. If you would like further information or would like to book a space please ask at the school office. Please note that breakfast is NOT available in this club.
The Start of the School Day
- The nursery school day begins at 8.55am
- The playground gate in Mulgrave Road opens at 8.45am each morning.
- Children in Y3 & Y4 remain in the charge of their parents until the school bell rings and teacher supervision begins at 8.55.
- Children in Y5 and Y6 can walk to school independently provided the school has signed permission from the family. They are expected to travel directly to school and wait in the playground until the bell rings at 8.55am.
- The parents/carers of children in Rec, Y1 and Y2 are welcome to drop their child(ren) off in the classrooms from 8.50. Rec parents are also welcome to ‘stay-&-play’ with their child at the start of the day.
- Children should not arrive at school before 8.45am unless they are attending Early Club, as there will not be any adult supervision available.
- The statutory school day begins at 9.00 sharp. Registers are taken and children who are not in class at this time will be marked as late.
Morning Break times
KS1: 10.30am to 10.45am
KS2: 10.45am to 11.00am
On some days children in Y1-6 will have a whole school assembly after which all children have a 15 minute break together.
An engaging play environment
The school’s substantial grounds include:
- An inner green space with wildlife pond, woodland copse, fire-pit and vegetable plot.
- The Unity Farm that includes a chicken coop and community allotments an extensive nursery outdoor area.
- A large Primary playground complete with an outdoor classroom/activity area, an adventure play area and ball court.
Children are encouraged to participate in active, social play outdoor weather permitting. In addition to the outdoor spaces the adjacent indoor Studio space is open at lunchtime for Primary children to take part in creative art and table-top games and activities. The school also offers a number of sports-based lunchtime clubs and gardening clubs.
Nursery & Rec: Lunch 11.45am to 12.45pm
Rec & KS1 (Y1 & Y2: Lunch12.00pm to 12.30pm / Playtime12.30pm to1.00pm
KS2 (Y3 & Y5): Lunch 12.30pm to 1.00pm / Playtime 1.00pm to1.30pm
KS2 (Y4 & Y6): Playtime 12.30 to 1.00 / Lunch 1.00pm to 1.30pm
KS1 only: a 15 minute break at an appropriate time.
The End of the School Day
- The pedestrian gate Mulgrave Road is re-opened at 3.30pm
- Nursery finish at 3.25pm: Reception & KS1: Finish at 3.30pm
- Parents/carers are welcome to remain in the playground to pick up older siblings. Please note that children released to parents are no longer under the supervision of the school and should be closely supervised by their parents. Children are not allowed to ride scooters or bikes in the playground, climb on the climbing frame or play in the nursery outdoor space.
- KS2: Finishes at 3.30pm
Please make every effort to arrive at school in good time at the beginning and end of the school day.
If your child is not attending school, or if you are likely to be collecting your child late, please ring us on 0207 385 6847 to let us know.
Please note a charge may be made for supervising children longer than 10 minutes after the end of the school day. This will equate to the Extended Day rate of £2.00.